Partners in Education
Partners In Education connects businesses, organizations, and individuals with schools to enhance student learning. Through the establishment and nurturing of purposeful relationships between community leaders and educators, we strive to leverage skills, talents, and resources to reinforce the district’s mission to prepare all students to become lifelong learners who are productive, responsible, and participating members of society.
Partners In Education impacts:
- Students by enhancing opportunities and empowering the pursuit of meaningful and fulfilling lives in an ever-changing world.
- Schools by implementing effective programs and support to bridge the gap in high-need areas.
- Partners by fostering a hands-on approach to cultivate future employees and consumers, a deeper understanding of the school system, and increased morale and public recognition.
- Volunteers by providing a mechanism for community involvement, sharing of expertise and experiences, and direct influence for academic, life skills, and character development.
Partners In Education is vital in helping the community and school system work and grow together.
Whether you are a small business, major corporation, nonprofit organization, civic leader, college student, or retiree, our schools and students need you. Your involvement with Partners in Education, whether inside or outside the classroom, is an investment in our children, our community, and our future.
Examples of some current partnerships
- Businesses and Organizations Partnering with Schools
- Campus/Parent Volunteers
- HELPS Program Mentors
- WatchDOGS (Dads of Great Students)
- Booster Clubs
- Parent-Teacher Organizations and Parent-Teacher Associations
- Rotary Club of La Porte (Interact Club at La Porte High School, EarlyAct Club at Jennie Reid Elementary)
- La Porte Education Foundation Supporters
The mission of the La Porte ISD Partners in Education Program is to connect businesses, industries, community organizations and volunteers with our schools to positively impact the education of our students.
The support of the La Porte ISD community is integral to the success of the district, its staff and its students. The La Porte ISD Partners in Education program will provide businesses, industries, community organizations and volunteers with opportunities to help in ways that are meaningful to both the partners and the schools.
The proverb “It takes a village” is demonstrated in the La Porte ISD Partners in Education Program, through which our schools benefit from the involvement of community businesses—from small family-owned companies to larger businesses and area industries—and community groups and individuals who want to make a positive difference in our schools. The La Porte ISD Partners in Education program will work closely with the La Porte-Bayshore Chamber of Commerce, other organizations and the media in promoting the program and opportunities to partner with the schools. While donations and sponsorships are always genuinely appreciated, just as important are the relationships between the campuses and partners, and we are grateful for the way our partners share their time, expertise, resources and ideas with La Porte ISD.
Throughout its history, La Porte ISD has welcomed and valued the participation of volunteers and business partners in our schools. The Partners in Education program organizes the partnerships in one place to provide support for these volunteer efforts and relationships.
We would love for you to partner with La Porte ISD. Call 281-604-7084 for more information and to get started.