Goals, Objectives and our Commitment
A La Porte ISD Learner . . .
will be held to high standards, and expectations;
will be literate, self-reflective, and a life-long learner;
will be motivated and determined to persevere in the face of adversity; and
will be a productive and ethical citizen who makes a positive impact on society
Meaningful Work and Meaningful Relationships
We will build and sustain meaningful relationships with all stakeholders. Making sure every child and teacher in the district gets to know the superintendent is the goal.
We will work collaboratively with the Board of Trustees to lead the district toward continued excellence.
The superintendent will conduct regular visits to campuses and departments.
The superintendent will be engaged in local organizations: Rotary, Chamber of Commerce, and various advisory boards.
Effective Communication & Transparency
We will work to communicate with stakeholders through:
- written form, social media, videos, superintendent chats, blogs, and print and news media.
- The superintendent will serve as strong public education advocates at the local, state and national level
- We will will promote the La Porte Way! throughout our district, region and state
Culture of academic excellence
- We will attract, retain and develop staff to prepare students to compete in a global society.
- We will exceed state standards and work to develop all students to reach their academic potential.
- We will push to increase the number of students enrolled in the Gifted & Talented and Advanced Placement programs.
- We will promote the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) fields
- We will promote students’ active engagement in athletics, performing and visual arts.
- We will produce high school graduates who are college, career or military ready.
Health & Safety
- Student and staff health, safety and security are our primary responsibility and concern.
- We will continue to develop district protocols and guidelines that promote good health, hygiene, and safety.
Teaching and Learning
- We will operate under the mantra “Above All, Students First!”
- We will develop and embrace a growth mindset that stimulates collaboration, creativity, critical thinking, and communication.
- We will develop a plan to foster a learning environment that values professional autonomy, collaboration, and trust.
- We will meet and exceed TEA accountability standards by providing consistent quality first-line teaching.
- We will ensure that a quality teacher is in every classroom.
- We will ensure that a quality principal/leader leads every campus.
Human Talent & Engagement
- We will create an environment that hires and retains quality staff at all levels.
- We will develop a comprehensive employee retention plan to acknowledge the value of our staff.
- We will provide multiple opportunities for staff engagement and professional collaboration.
- We will analyze and examine current trends and initiatives to balance employee workloads and responsibilities.
Facilities & Operations
- We will transform learning spaces to optimize student learning in a safe and secure environment.
- We will analyze, review, and regularly update safety measures and initiatives.
- We will develop plans to transform learning spaces to foster collaboration, innovation and increased student engagement.
Communications, Public Relations & Community Involvement
- The district will create parent and community partnerships to promote educational opportunities, innovation, and growth for all learners.
- The district will provide teaming and virtual opportunities to improve home-to-school relationships.