- La Porte ISD Connected - Previous Episodes
- Community Flyers
- Public Information Requests
- Contacting Your Elected Officials
- Press Releases
La Porte ISD Guidelines for Approval of Flyers and Other Printed Materials
The La Porte ISD Communications Department is responsible for reviewing and approving flyers and printed materials from external groups or organizations.
Acceptable Flyers and Other Materials
Flyers for posting on bulletin boards and/or distribution to students must adhere to the “Limitations on Content” as outlined in LPISD Board Policy GKDA (Local).
External groups or organizations must adhere to the District’s guidelines for requesting approval for public or student access of materials as follows:
- Flyers or other materials shall be posted or distributed only if they originate from a non-profit organization, a municipality located within the boundaries of La Porte ISD, or an institution of higher learning located in Texas.
- Nonprofit organizations must provide documentation of their official 501(c) (3) status each year. A copy will be kept on file.
- A copy of the flyer/material must be submitted to the Communications Office for consideration of approval. Copies may be faxed to 281-604-7010 or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All flyers/materials must have the following disclaimer printed at the bottom of the flyer in BOLD, CAPITAL letters. This disclaimer should be in a font size of 12 point or larger:THIS ORGANIZATION AND ITS ACTIVITIES ARE NOT RELATED TO OR SPONSORED BY THE LA PORTE INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT.
THIS ORGANIZATION AND ITS ACTIVITIES ARE NOT RELATED TO OR SPONSORED BY THE LA PORTE INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT. Nonprofit organizations should also include the statement: [Organization Name] is a registered 501 (c) (3) organizations. This flyer is not an endorsement by La Porte ISD.
Materials shall include the name of the person or organization sponsoring the distribution.
The Communications Office must approve all flyers from external groups or organizations for posting or distribution to students.
- Materials will be approved or rejected within two school days of the time they were received. A signed approval form will be returned to requestors whose flyers have been approved.
- Organizations are responsible for distributing flyers or other materials, along with a copy of the signed approval form, to each campus for which the flyers are intended. Flyers must be bundled for each classroom in groups of 25.
- Each campus principal shall designate times, locations, and means by which nonschool literature that is appropriate for distribution, as provided in district policy, may be made available or distributed to students or others at the principal’s campus.
Texas Public Information Act requests may be submitted in the following ways:
- By mail—La Porte ISD Communications Office, 1022 San Jacinto St., La Porte, Texas 77571
- By fax—281-604-7020, ATTN: Zelma Rosado
- By e-mail-- email@example.com
- In person—The La Porte ISD Communications Office is in the La Porte ISD Administration Building at 1002 San Jacinto St. in La Porte, Texas.
So that we are better able to process your request, please include your name, address, phone number, fax number (if applicable), and description of the information requested.
For more information, please contact the Communications Office at 281-604-7001.
Contacting your elected officials
Office of the Governor
P.O. Box 12428 Austin, Texas 78711-2428
Information and Referral Hotline [for Texas callers] : (800) 843-5789
Information and Referral and Opinion Hotline [for Austin, Texas and out-of-state callers] : (512) 463-1782
Office of the Governor Main Switchboard [office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CST] : (512) 463-2000
Citizen's Assistance Telecommunications Device If you are using a telecommunication device for the deaf (TDD), call 711 to reach Relay Texas.
More information on contacting Gov. Abbott is available on his official website.
Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick
By Phone: The Texas Lieutenant Governor Comment Line: (512) 463-5342
The Texas Lieutenant Governor Office Line: (512) 463-0001
By Email: LTGConstituent.Affairs@ltgov.state.tx.us
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 12068, Austin, TX. 78711
Rep. Harold V. Dutton, Jr., House Public Education Committee Chairman
P.O. Box 2910
Austin, TX 78768
(512) 463-0510 (512) 463-8333 Fax
State Sen. Larry Taylor
Capitol Office: CAP 1E.9
Capitol Phone: (512) 463-0111
Capitol Address: P.O. Box 12068, Capitol Station, Austin, TX 78711
District Address: 6117 Broadway, Suite 122, Pearland, TX 77581
Phone: (281) 485-9800 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
State Rep. Briscoe Cain
P.O. Box 2910
Austin, TX 78768
(512) 463-0733 (512) 463-1323 Fax
State Rep. Dennis Paul
P.O. Box 2910
Austin, TX 78768
(512) 463-0734 (512)463-0734 Fax
District Address: 17225 El Camino Real, Suite 415, Houston TX 77058
Phone: (281) 488-8900
May 3, 2021 - District names new head football coach, two new principals April 14, 2021 - District names two new principals, exec. director of teaching and professional learning Feb. 3, 2021 - Rizzuto Elementary named to statewide honor roll for third straight yearFeb. 1, 2021 - La Porte ISD Celebrates National School Counseling WeekDec. 9, 2020 - Board of Trustees approves $1K incentive and retention paymentOct. 15, 2020 - La Porte High School student named as National Merit SemifinalistOct. 6, 2020 - La Porte varsity football game moved to Thursday Oct. 7, 2020 - La Porte ISD Announces Principals of the YearSept. 15, 2020 - La Porte ISD providing free meals to all studentsSept. 14, 2020 - Forty La Porte High School students named as 2020 AP ScholarsSept. 11, 2020 - La Porte ISD launches COVID-19 dashboardAug. 25, 2020 - Hurricane Laura: La Porte ISD closed through ThursdayAug. 18, 2020 - La Porte ISD announces 2020-21 theme, releases new logoAug. 5, 2020 - FINAL Parent Decision survey for return to school