Citizen presence and participation are encouraged at board meetings. In La Porte, you must complete a request to speak to the board before the meeting commences.
According to Board Policy and/or the Texas Open Meetings Act:
- Presentations may be up to five (5) minutes in length; persons needing to address the Board through a translator may have up to ten (10)
- Complaints concerning employees or students may not be identified by name, inference, or implication as prohibited by the Texas Open Meetings Act.
- The Board may not discuss, deliberate, or make any decisions regarding the presentation. Such action is prohibited under the Texas Open Meetings Act.
- Questions addressed to the Board may be answered in writing or, if appropriate, placed on a subsequent Agenda.
- Complaints and concern for which other resolution channels are provided shall be directed through those