The following items are required to register a student in La Porte ISD schools:
- Birth certificate or certified copy
- Immunization record
- Social Security card
- Proof of residency (utilities statements, etc.)
- Children who qualify for pre-kindergarten must be four years of age on or before September 1.
- Children must be five years of age on or before September 1, to enroll in kindergaten.
- Children must be six years old on or before September 1, to enter the first grade.
District policy and state law require proof that each student enrolled in La Porte ISD schools be immunized for:
- Hemophilus Influenza (HibCV)
- Hepatitis B
- Varicella (Chicken Pox)
School Attendance Areas
Students attend their neighborhood elementary school and designated Junior High school.
Bayshore, College Park and La Porte Elementary schools have PreK programs for qualified students. Bayshore also has the bilingual PreK program. To qualify, the child must be at least four years of age on or before September 1, and must be either limited English proficient or from an economically disadvantaged home qualifying for free or reduced lunch. Verification of income, food stamp card or AFDC number will be required along with general enrollment requirements.
Could not find any files.