Public Information Officer/Director-Public Relations
The mission of the La Porte Education Foundation is to enhance education by funding innovative, creative instructional projects for students and teachers in La Porte Schools. The goals of the La Porte Education Foundation are to:
- Serve as a catalyst for involving the community in education
- Create an edowment to fund the programs/activities of the foundation
- Expand opportunities for all La Porte students and their teachers
Since 1993, more than $1.7 million in grants, which directly impact the classroom, have been given to teachers throughout the district. The business representatives and community volunteers provide assistance in fund raising and in reviewing applications for grants to teachers and students and scholarships.
Ways that you could contribute to the Foundation:
- Payroll Deductions if you are an employee of the district
- Donations directly to the Foundation
- Memorials and "In Honor of" for special people you wish to honor
- Matching funds through your company
- Estate giving
Partners in Education
The La Porte Partners in Education Program (PIE) is a joint commitment between La Porte-Bayshore Chamber of Commerce and the La Porte Independent School District. The District Chair is the Director of Communication/Public Information Officer. The primary emphasis is on personal involvement rather than financial support although the Partner's Program in the district does receive a large amount of support financially. Industry partners, parents, The La Porte Education Foundation, as well as individuals comprise the Partners Program. At least one PIE Coordinator can be found at each campus.